At least it felt like I did. When I planned out all the food for the day, it seemed like a pretty “normal” amount, and in hindsight it probably was, but felt weirdly excessive. And the funny thing is that it’s not like I was stuffed the whole day…on the contrary, in the evening, after I worked out, I obviously was more hungry than usual. I definitely ate enough - a healthy amount - but decided not to eat the last thing on my plan because it felt unnecessary, and it was already pretty late. I had planned to have some cottage cheese with dinner, but instead decided to skip it and have it for breakfast the next day (today).
So here was my meal plan for yesterday
Breakfast (at home)
- Egg whites (3 tbsp.) made into an omelet with 1/2 oz. spinach and 1 oz. soy mozzarella cheese.
Breakfast (at work)
- 1 Fiber One whole wheat English muffin w. Smart Balance Light & reduced sugar strawberry preserves.
- 3 oz. strawberries
- Grande pike w. soy milk and sugarfree vanilla
- 14 baby carrots
- Wendy’s side garden salad w. Italian dressing
- Wendy’s grilled chicken wrap
- Wendy’s medium diet coke
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 1 pkt “Skinny Pop” popcorn
Dinner (pt. 1)
- Salad made of 1 oz. spinach, 1/2 fuji apple, 1/2 oz. sliced raw almonds, 1 oz. soy mozzarella cheese, and Newman’s Own light caesar dressing.
- 1/2 fuji apple
Dinner (pt. 2)
- 1 low carb, low fat, low cal garden veggie tortilla with 1/2 oz. spinach, organic ketchup, hot sauce, and 1 serving of Perdue grilled Italian style chicken.
- 3 Wasa Crisp ‘n’ Light crackets w. 1 tbsp. all-natural PB
My workout was light, but nice. I ran for 13 minutes, walked for 4. Then I did an hour of light, intro/beginners yoga. I’ve taken a pretty long break from any yoga at all, but this was surprisingly challenging! Sort of felt bad about myself because of it, but the class focused so much on correcting form and breathing so I’m glad I got to practice that more.
My other BIG DRAMATIC THING OF THE DAY was that I declined a piece of cake from a colleague at work :( it’s not like I haven’t declined stuff before, but this time it was weird because she seemed a little putt off by it…I felt like I was really offending her, and was making myself stick out like a huge weirdo. Did not like. Wish I had tasty cake, but also proud that I did not. BEAUTY EQUALS PAIN GUYS.
So in the end I ate something like 1500 cal and burned around 300. Not too bad.