I haven’t really started this diet yet, I’ve sort of been thinking more about the choices I make, but I haven’t thrown myself into it yet.
Foods To Avoid
- Wheat (incl. bread, pasta, etc.)
- Red meats
- Refined & concentrated carbohydrates (white flour, bread, etc.)
- Refined sugars & honey
- Fried foods
- Saturated fats
- Soy & soy protein products
- Convenience foods (because of all the additives)
- Any additives & preservatives
- Most tinned foods (okay in moderation)
- Oils from fish, walnuts, flax seeds, olive oil
- Fibre from whole grains (NOT rye), beans, peas, brown rice, veggies (such as carrots, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, celery), fruits (such as apples), oatmeal
- Onions & garlic
- Green tea
- Red & purple berries
- Nuts & seeds
Now like I said, I haven’t really thrown myself into it yet because it’s been incredibly overwhelming, and I’ve sort of been trying to think about eliminating 2 “bad foods” per week, until I finally cross all of them off the list, but in a way that is slow and steady. I doubt that I’m ever going to reach the point where I’m NEVER having ANY of those foods EVER, but as long as I can give it a serious go of having them barely in my diet, then that is a step!
But like I said before, it has been super overwhelming. I keep forgetting which 2 foods I’m trying not to eat, and I haven’t had food in the house, so I’ve been eating out, and every time I do that I freak out, because HEY I freak out over this stuff all the time.
So now I’m thinking, HEY, why not just throw myself into it entirely and try and cut them out all at once? I could possibly be setting myself up for failure here, but I may just give it a go.